Friday, October 1, 2010

The journey begins ...

I am not a small dog. The nice ladies at the vet's office said I weigh 110.5 pounds, which is a lot for a Labrador retriever. They were so nice that I left a good pound and a half of black fur on their floor.
September 21, 2010
I recently moved to Fort Collins, and boy do I feel out of place. Everyone here is in such good shape! Even my crazy cousin R is a world-class athlete. There doesn't seem to be much room for good old-fashioned American obesity in this sporty college town.

This is just as well. I've recently experienced some big changes in my life, and I think it's time to take the reins. Don't get me wrong, I love a good treat. What, you have a treat? I'd like a treat. Oh, never mind.

As I was saying, I think it might be time for me to switch things up a bit, considering that I just turned eight and don't seem to be getting any younger. You might not know it from looking at me, or being sat on by me, but I was once a runner. I love to run, I love to chase the ball, I love to frolic in the relentless Colorado sunshine. Alas, my bonus flesh makes it difficult for me to lead the active lifestyle I so enjoy.

Point being, I will never be a small dog, but I've decided to lose some weight. I'll be living with my Aunt S and Uncle J for the next few months, and they said they would help. Then they said: stop licking. I hope you will join me on my journey. I'd love to hear your words of encouragement or stories of your own battles with anthropogenic canine obesity (ACO).

No comments:

Post a Comment